OROP to jcos/ncos/ors, elimination of discrimination in all its forms prevalent in the armed forces, constitutional rights to jcos/ncos/ors as per article 14, 19, 38(2) etc and complete revolution to change the colonial system prevalent in armed forces. Historical ‘Sansad Gherao, in the first week of Aug 15 by jcos/ncos/ors only. Request jcos ncos ors to participate in lakhs in the interest of the nation and for rights and dignity of jcos/ncos/ors.
Aug month has significant place in the Indian history of Independence. Quit India movement was launched in the month of Aug ( 8 Aug 1942)and our father of the nation had given a call for ‘do or die’. India got independence on 15 Aug. Leave your ease and comfort aside , no excuse, give one or two days for nation and yourself. Our demands have been repeated time and again. However, some of point are as under :-
- OROP – One Rank One Pension – As most of the PBORs compulsorily retire in the age group of 37-45, They are the most deserving candidates.
- Enhancement of disability pension
- To implement court order granting enhanced rate of pension to jcos/ncos/ors from 01 Jan 06 instead of 24 Sep 14
- 70% last drawn pay as pension to jcos/ncos/ors – which was in vogue until 3rd Pay Commission
- Family pension equal to the service pension
- Dearness Allowances equal in cash to all ranks as cost of living is same for all
- Improvement of Services of ECHS by creating representation for 80% PBORs in governing and regulating the ECHS.
- Canteen funds instead of leaving in local commanders’ hands,to be utilized for raising medical colleges and engineering colleges where wards of serving and retired jcos/ncos/ors to be educated free of cost.
- Licences for security, CNG station, Coal transporter should be given to all the ranks. They should not be reserved only for officers only, as is current status
- The untouchability and ghetto system practiced by all Armed forces Ancillary services to be abolished. e.g. AWHO projects have separate enclaves for Officers and PBORs, even though cost of of the dwellings are same for both.
- Elimination of sewadari system from Army. Soldiers are for Fighting wars – not domestic servants
- Children education allowances should be made application to all retired jcos/ncos/ors.
- Equal of military pay to all rank – Every soldier to be treated equal for military pay as risks involved are same for all.
- Fee concession should be provided to children of jcos/ncos/ors at par with SC/ST in all the professional and academic courses like MBBS/BDS/Pharmacy, MBA, Engineering, IITs, MCA, Law, B.Ed etc.
- Re-structuring and modernising forces in professional manner by removing colonial discrimination by their roots, in similar ways of modern Forces similar lines of American Army.
- JCOs/NCOs/ORs should be given representation in ECHS, District Soldier Board, Rajya Sabha board , kendriya soldier board, DGR as per ratio. Currently all these posts are dominated by officers, leaving them at the mercy of their mechanizations, nepotism and discrimination. OIC of these organisation should not be reserved for officers rank only.
- Discrimination prevalent in armed forces should be eliminated in all it form. Forces have become VVIP racism hubs with almost every facility is reserved for officers, including toilets.
- Transparency in awarding gallantry and other medal. Here too 80:20 rule is prevalent. For 80% brave acts of PBOR, 80% gallantry awards are cornered by Officers.
- Reducing corruption in armed forces, by creating a platform wherein corrupt practices can be reported by PBOR without fear of retribution- Similar to Whistle blower protection act.
- And Various other issues
Please leave your ease and comfort for 1-2 days and participate in lakhs. Your participation will decide the future of jcos/ncos/ors.
Bir Bahadur Singh
Voice of Ex-Servicemen Society.